AUA offers two graduate certificate programs that enable you to keep up with changes in your field, complement your college or university degree, improve your language skills, advance you in your career, or simply help you explore a new field.
The Graduate Certificate in Translation (CTRA) is offered by the Center for Research in Applied Linguistics in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. It is open to anyone interested in the program, including graduate students enrolled at AUA, who wish to prepare for rewarding careers as a translators and cross-cultural communications specialists.
The one-year program consists of two fifteen-week semesters. Upon successful completion of the coursework (4 courses at 3 credits each for a total of 12 credits), students will receive a Certificate in Translation from English into Armenian and vice versa.
For more information about the program, please visit chss.aua.am/ctra.
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (CTEFL) program enhances the professional knowledge and practical skills of in-service and pre-service classroom teachers in Armenia and throughout the region. It is designed to meet the needs of those current and future teachers who may not have the time or aspiration to pursue a Master’s degree, but want to keep up with the latest developments in the field, and improve their own teaching.
The program follows an intensive format lasting from four to eight weeks during the months of June and July. Classes take place in the mornings and afternoons at the AUA campus as well as in partner schools for fieldwork assignments.
To successfully complete the CTEFL program, students must complete all required courses/modules with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. CTEFL recipients who wish to pursue further study towards the MA TEFL may transfer their CTEFL courses towards the MA TEFL program.
For more information about the program, please visit: tefl.aua.am/ctefl.
To be considered for enrollment to the CTRA or CTEFL programs, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Submit a complete Application for Enrollment in Certificate Programs at im.aua.am including all required supplements as outlined in the instructions.
2. Present valid and official results confirming English Language Proficiency typically through the TOEFL iBT or IELTS Academic. Native and near native speakers are eligible for a waiver. For more information, please read the English Language proficiency waiver policy and application form here.
You must submit official score reports confirming English language proficiency either from the TOEFL iBT (minimum score of 79) or IELTS Academic (minimum score of 6.5). For AUA application purposes, these scores are valid only if your test date was less than two years before the application submission date. You must ensure that official test scores are sent to AUA directly from the testing service, using AUA’s institution codes as noted below:
TOEFL iBT – code 4151
IELTS Academic –Baghramyan 40, Yerevan, RA, American University of Armenia, Office of Admission
3. You must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited or licensed institution of higher education. Students in their final year of studies at the time of application are also eligible to apply.
4. Pay the non-refundable application fee
Fall 2018 – 15,000AMD
The Application for Enrollment in Certificate Programs is currently available at im.aua.am. To start your application, first create and confirm your profile. We strongly encourage you to review the Enrollment Requirements listed above.
Early Admissions - January 31, 2018
Regular Admissions - May 2, 2018
Rolling Admissions* - August 1, 2018
* The rolling application deadline date is only available for the Certificate in Translation program. Applicants submitting complete applications by the rolling application deadline date are considered on a space-available basis.
If any deadline date falls on a non-working date, the deadline will be moved to the following working day.