Graduate Certificate Programs
AUA offers two one-year graduate certificate programs that enable you to keep up with changes in your field, complement your college or university degree, improve your language skills, advance you in your career, or simply help you explore a new field.
Graduate Certificate in Translation (CTRA)
The Graduate Certificate in Translation is offered by the Center for Research in Applied Linguistics in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. It is open to anyone interested in the program, including graduate students enrolled at AUA, who wish to prepare for rewarding careers as a translators and cross-cultural communications specialists.
The one-year program consists of two fifteen-week semesters. Upon successful completion of the coursework (4 courses at 3 credits each for a total of 12 credits), students will receive a Certificate in Translation from English into Armenian and vice versa.
For more information about the program, please visit http://chss.aua.am/ctra.
Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (CTEFL)
The CTEFL program enhances the professional knowledge and practical skills of in-service and pre-service classroom teachers in Armenia and throughout the region. It is designed to meet the needs of those current and future teachers who may not have the time or aspiration to pursue a Master’s degree, but want to keep up with the latest developments in the field, and improve their own teaching.
The program consists of two 15-week semesters. Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. CTEFL recipients who wish to pursue further study towards the MA TEFL may transfer all 4 CTEFL courses for the MA TEFL Program (or 25% of the MA TEFL total credits).
For more information about the program, please visit: http://tefl.aua.am/ctefl/
To be considered for enrollment to the CTRA or CTEFL programs, you must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a complete Application for Enrollment in Certificate Programs including all required supplements as outlined in the instructions. The application will be available in December 2016.
- Present valid and official results confirming English Language Proficiency typically through the TOEFL iBT or IELTS. Native and near native speakers are eligible for a waiver. For more information, please read the English Language proficiency waiver policy and application form here.
You must submit official score reports confirming English language proficiency either from the TOEFL iBT (minimum score of 79) or IELTS exam (minimum score of 6.5). For AUA application purposes, these scores are valid only if your test date was less than two years before the application submission date. You must ensure that official test scores are sent to AUA directly from the testing service, using AUA’s institution codes as noted below:
- TOEFL iBT code 4151
- IELTS Academic –Baghramyan 40, Yerevan, RA, American University of Armenia, Office of Admission
- You must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited or licensed institution of higher education. Students in their final year of studies at the time of application are also eligible to apply.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Fall 2017 – 15,000AMD
- January 31 – Early Application Deadline Date
- April 30 – Regular Application Deadline Date
- August 1 – Rolling Application Deadline Date*
* The rolling application deadline date is only available for the Certificate in Translation program. Applicants submitting complete applications by the rolling application deadline date are considered on a space-available basis.