Study Abroad AUA
AUA offers study abroad programs that combine strong academics with a life-changing experience.
Have the semester of a lifetime while continuing your education at a U.S.-accredited university!
Participants can choose from a range of courses to match their university academic plans. Whether you are interested in having the summer of a lifetime, while continuing your education at a U.S.-accredited institution, or want to spend one or two semesters abroad, Study Abroad AUA is for you.
Highlights of Study Abroad AUA
- Inspiring cultural excursions through the Discover Armenia Educational Tours
- Living in one of the most ancient cities of the world often dubbed as an open air museum
- Meeting students from all around the world
- Taking advantage of Yerevan’s lively music and arts scene
- State-of-the-art facilities and off-campus dormitories
- Possibility of easy course transfer thanks to AUA’s accreditation and UC affiliation
Students interested in spending their Fall and/or Spring semesters at AUA should check out our Academic Catalog while those interested in Summer 2017 should visit admissions.aua.am/summer-program-2017.
Discover Armenia Educational Tours
Complement your academics with the “Discover Armenia” Educational Tour and fully immerse yourself into Armenia’s evolution from ancient times to the present. Join knowledgeable and entertaining tour guides on excursions both inside and outside of Yerevan. Visit churches, castles, fortresses, and more nestled in the mountains, valleys, and fields of this ancient land. Get to know the country. Take in the sights, sounds and flavors and feel at home in Armenia.
Study Abroad Program Deadlines
Study Abroad Summer 2017 Semester – April 15, 2017*
Study Abroad Fall 2017 Semester – June 1, 2017
Study Abroad Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Semesters – June 1, 2017
Study Abroad Spring 2018 Semester – November 1, 2017
* We strongly encourage applicants to apply by the April 15 deadline. While the Office of Admissions will continue to consider Summer Program applications submitted after the deadline, scholarship funds are limited and priority will be given to those applicants who apply by April 15.
Study Abroad Summer Semester Fees
|Application Fee||Free of charge|
* The Summer Program Administrative Fee covers the cost of pick-up drop off from the airport, Discover Armenia Educational Tours, pre-departure orientations, student service fees, mandatory Armenia based health insurance, taxes, and more.
Study Abroad Fall/Spring Semester Fees
|Per Semester Tuition Costs**||1,750,000AMD|
* The summer program course and administrative fee covers the entire cost of the course, course required excursions, other Yerevan based and regional visits through the Discover Armenia Educational Tours, and in-country health insurance.
** The per semester tuition cost applies to those students enrolled as full-time study abroad students for one semester. For study abroad students pursuing less than a full-time load, the tuition will be calculated on a per credit basis. Refer to http://policies.aua.am/policy/127/ for more information.
*** The administrative fee covers the cost of pick-up drop off from the airport, Discover Armenia Educational Tours, pre-departure orientations, student service fees, mandatory Armenia based health insurance, taxes, and more.
AUA offers merit based scholarships to Summer Program students. Scholarships may be awarded for up to 50% of the course fees. If you are interested in learning more about the Summer Programs scholarship, please download the Scholarship Application for Summer Program application here and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
How to Apply
Room & Board
Yerevan offers an affordable lifestyle and infrastructure for university students. The average monthly living costs for foreign students in Yerevan are in the range of $600-$1,000 per month (in addition to tuition fees). You can choose to eat outside at any of the hundreds of cafes or restaurants in the city, order takeout through www.menu.am, or take advantage of the on campus Tomas’s Cafeteria or Green Bean Cafe.
As of Summer 2016, AUA opened a small and quaint dormitory located directly behind the University at Sose 36. The first floor of the dormitory houses male students while the second floor our female students. The dormitory offers newly renovated double rooms, a shared kitchenette on each floor, and bathrooms and showers.