The below is a list of all application requirements for the non-degree application. More details are provided in the application instructions. Review these to ensure you submit a complete and eligible application that meets all requirements.
1. Application for Enrollment to Non-Degree Studies
Submit a complete application including all required supplements as outlined on this page and in the application instructions. We understand that fulfilling all parts of the application (transcripts, diplomas, etc.) may be difficult at this time given the Coronavirus pandemic, so we will remain flexible and review delayed application materials on a case by case basis.
2a. English Language Proficiency
Proof of English-language proficiency may be provided through:
- TOEFL iBT or TOEFL iBT Home Tests
- IELTS Academic or IELTS Indicator exams
- English Language Proficiency Test Waiver – Native and near native speakers are eligible for a waiver. For more information, please read the English Language Proficiency waiver policy. To apply for a waiver, visit and application form here.
Score Validity and Reporting
TOEFL/IELTS scores are valid only if your test date was less than two years before the application submission date. You must ensure that official test scores are sent to AUA directly from the testing service, using AUA’s institution codes as noted below:
- TOEFL iBT code 4151
- IELTS Academic – 40 Baghramyan Ave, Yerevan
INTERNAL ASSESSMENT: We will offer an Internal English Assessment for Spring 2021 applicants who are unable to take the TOEFL iBT or IELTS Academic exams. This assessment will take place during an extended admissions interview when applicants will also be assessed on their speaking, listening, and written English language skills. Should you prefer, you may take the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test or the IELTS Indicator.
2b. Graduate Admissions Exams
Certain Graduate Programs also require you to present official Graduate School Admissions Exam results typically from the GRE, GMAT, or LSAT exams. While this is not a requirement for non-degree studies, we encourage you to provide any exams you may have taken or are planning to take.
3. Updated résumé/CV (maximum 4 pages)
4. Passport scan (photo and registration pages) or National ID scan for Armenian citizens
5. A photo meeting the online application requirements
6. Non-refundable Application Fee – 15,000 AMD
7. Proof of undergraduate degree or equivalent
At the time of application, you should hold an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) from, or currently be enrolled in your final year of studies at, an accredited or licensed institution of higher education.