Planning on applying to one of our graduate certificate programs? Make sure to review this page in detail as it will help you submit a complete application.
1. Application for Enrollment in Certificate Programs
Submit a complete Application for Enrollment in Certificate Programs at im.aua.am including all required supplements as outlined on this page and in the application instructions. We understand that fulfilling some parts of your application (transcripts, diplomas, etc.) may be difficult at this time given the Coronavirus pandemic. As such, we will remain flexible and review delayed application materials on a case by case basis.
2a. English Language Proficiency
Present valid and official results confirming English Language Proficiency typically through one of the following options:
- TOEFL iBT or TOEFL iBT Home Edition tests
- IELTS Academic or IELTS Indicator exams
- English Language Proficiency Test Waiver – native and near-native speakers are eligible for a waiver. For more information, please read the English Language Proficiency Test waiver policy here. To apply for a waiver, visit im.aua.am.
- Internal Assessment – AUA will offer an internal English assessment for both Summer and Fall 2021 applicants. This assessment will be offered during an extended admissions interview when applicants may also be assessed on their speaking, listening, and written English language skills. The internal assessment will vary by program. Note that each program will give preference to applicants who meet English language proficiency through the TOEFL iBT (including Special Home Edition) test, IELTS Academic (including Indicator) exam, or are approved for a Waiver.
Score Validity and Reporting
TOEFL/IELTS scores are valid only if your test date was less than two years before the application submission date. You must ensure that official test scores are sent to AUA directly from the testing service, using AUA’s institution codes as noted below:
- TOEFL iBT code 4151
- IELTS Academic – 40 Baghramyan Ave, Yerevan
2b. Graduate Standardized Tests (CFin and CDA applicants only)
Present an official GRE or GMAT score at a minimum of 50th percentile on the quantitative section. The score is valid only if the test date was less than five years before the application submission date. AUA graduate alumni are eligible for a waiver.
Internal Assessment – if you are unable to take the GRE or GMAT and are applying to the Certificate in Finance and Certificate in Data Analytics programs, download and attach the following form detailing math and statistical concepts you have covered previously. You may be questioned about these in more detail during your interview. Please title this document “Math and Statistical Concepts”.
GRE/GMAT Test Waiver – AUA undergraduate students or graduates who have obtained B or higher in Business Math or equivalent (Calculus 1, Single Variable Calculus, Calculus: Single Variables) and Applied Statistics of equivalent (Statistics, Statistics 1, Probability and Statistics) are eligible to apply for and receive a waiver. To receive the GRE/GMAT waiver, email [email protected] with a copy of your AUA transcript with the subject line “GRE/GMAT waiver request”.
Score Validity and Reporting: For admissions purposes, your GRE or GMAT scores are only valid for five years. This means you must ensure you took the exam no earlier than five years before the date you submit your application. To ensure we receive your official GRE or GMAT scores, make sure they are sent to AUA on or by the application deadline date using the following institution codes:
- GRE code 0676
- GMAT code 0284
3. Updated résumé/CV (maximum 4 pages)
4. Passport scan (photo and registration pages) or National ID scan for Armenian citizens
5. A photo meeting the online application requirements
6. Non-refundable application fee of 15,000AMD
Application Fee Waiver for Residents of Artsakh: Residents of Artsakh are eligible to receive a waiver to the application fee. To receive a fee waiver, email [email protected] with a scan of your passport confirming you are a resident of Artsakh. Make sure to email your request ASAP and prior to submitting your application. If we approve your request, you will not need to pay the application fee.
7. Proof of undergraduate degree or equivalent
Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited or licensed institution of higher education. If you are in your final year of studies, you are also eligible to apply, as long as you receive your undergraduate degree prior to the start of your studies.
8. Recommendation Letter (CHHM applicants only)
Submit a letter of recommendation from a current or previous employer or former professor regarding your potential to succeed in the Graduate Certificate in Hotel and Hospitality Management program. Recommendations may be provided in English or Armenian and must be completed on our template. Download the English or Armenian version of the template below, complete the Applicant section, and forward it to your recommender. S/he must then email it to [email protected] by the February 15 deadline.