Are you planning on applying to one of our Graduate Certificate programs? Make sure to review this page in detail as it will help you submit a complete application.
1. Application for Enrollment in Certificate Programs
Submit a complete Application for Enrollment in Certificate Programs at im.aua.am, including all required supplements as outlined on this page and in the application instruction.
2a. English Language Proficiency
Present valid and official results confirming English Language Proficiency typically through one of the following options:
- TOEFL iBT or TOEFL iBT Home Edition tests
- IELTS Academic or IELTS Indicator exams
- English Language Proficiency Test Waiver – native and near-native speakers are eligible for a waiver. Read the English Language Proficiency Test waiver policy here for more information. To apply for a waiver, visit im.aua.am.
- Internal Assessment – AUA will offer an internal English assessment for Summer/Fall 2022 applicants. This assessment will take place during an extended interview where applicants may also be assessed on their speaking, listening, and written English language skills. The internal assessment will vary by program. Note that each program will give preference to applicants who meet English language proficiency through the TOEFL iBT (including Home Edition) test, IELTS Academic (including Indicator) exam, or are approved for a Waiver.
Score Validity and Reporting
TOEFL/IELTS scores are valid only if your test date was less than two years before the application submission date. You must ensure that official test scores are sent to AUA directly from the testing service, using AUA’s institution codes as noted below:
- TOEFL iBT – 4151
- IELTS Academic – 40 Baghramyan Ave, Yerevan
2b. Graduate Standardized Tests (CFin and CDA applicants only*)
Present an official GRE or GMAT score at a minimum of 50th percentile on the quantitative section. The score is valid only if the test date was less than five years before the application submission date. Certain AUA alumni may be eligible for a waiver.
Internal Assessment – if you are unable to take the GRE or GMAT and are applying to the Certificate in Finance and Certificate in Data Analytics programs, download and attach the following form detailing math and statistical concepts you have covered previously. You may be questioned about these in more detail during your interview. Please title this document “Math and Statistical Concepts”.
GRE/GMAT Test Waiver – AUA undergraduate students who have obtained a B or higher in Business Math or equivalent (Calculus 1, Single Variable Calculus, Calculus: Single Variables) and Applied Statistics of equivalent (Statistics, Statistics 1, Probability and Statistics) are eligible to apply for and receive a waiver. Seniors or graduates of other universities whose language of instruction of the entire program at the university is English, and can submit a curriculum containing a strong foundation of math and statistics. To receive the GRE/GMAT waiver, email [email protected] with a copy of your AUA transcript with the subject line “GRE/GMAT waiver request”.
Score Validity and Reporting: For enrollment purposes, your GRE or GMAT scores are only valid for five years. This means you must ensure you took the exam within the last five years before the date you submit your application. To ensure we receive your official GRE or GMAT scores, make sure they are sent to AUA directly by the testing service on or by the application deadline date using the following institution codes:
- GRE – 0676
- GMAT – 0284
* Notification: CFin and CDA programs do not offer Summer/Fall 2022 enrollment.
3. Updated résumé/CV in English
4. Passport scan (photo and registration pages) or National ID scan for Armenian citizens
5. A photo meeting the online application requirements
6. Non-refundable application fee of 15,000AMD
7. Proof of undergraduate degree or equivalent
Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited or licensed institution of higher education. If you are in your final year of studies, you are also eligible to apply, as long as you receive your undergraduate degree before the start of your studies at AUA.
8. Recommendation Letter (CHHM applicants only*)
Submit a letter of recommendation from a current or previous employer or former professor regarding your potential to succeed in the Graduate Certificate in Hotel and Hospitality Management program. Recommendations can be provided in English or Armenian and must be completed on our template. Download the English or Armenian version of the template once it is available along with the Spring 2023 application.
* Important: CHHM Program offers Spring Enrollment Only.