Study in the heart of Yerevan at the leading U.S. accredited university
- See the sights
- Hear the sounds
- Taste the flavors
- Experience Armenia’s rugged beauty
- And find your home away from home
Highlights of Study Abroad at AUA:
1. Be a trailblazer and study off the beaten path.
2. Take courses from leading experts in their fields that will easily transfer to your home university due to AUA’s U.S. accreditation.
3. Study in state-of-the-art facilities that combine Soviet history with modern American architecture.
4. Meet and engage with students from around the world.
5. Live in one of the most ancient cities of the world often dubbed an open air museum.
6. Experience Yerevan’s lively music and arts scene and the vibrant café culture and nightlife.
7. Receive unparalleled support preparing for your trip, during your studies, and feel Armenia’s renowned hospitality
With a little careful planning and close collaboration with the American University of Armenia and your home university, you may study abroad at AUA during the Fall and/or Spring semesters. A list of courses can be found on our Academic Catalog. Not all courses listed are offered both semesters so be sure to stay in close contact with us as well as your academic advisor to solidify your list of preferred (and alternate) courses. The final schedule of courses is typically available a few months prior to the start of classes registrar.aua.am/schedule.
Students may take courses offered both at the undergraduate and graduate levels as long as they meet all required prerequisites. If you are currently in your undergraduate studies and looking to take some graduate level courses, this is feasible as long as the professor of the graduate course confirms your registration. Please contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected] with any questions you may have regarding this process.
Complement your academics with the “Discover Armenia” Educational Tour and fully immerse yourself into Armenia’s evolution from ancient times to the present. Join knowledgeable and entertaining tour guides on excursions both inside and outside of Yerevan. Visit churches, castles, fortresses, and more nestled in the mountains, valleys, and fields of this ancient land. Get to know the country. Take in the sights, sounds and flavors and feel at home in Armenia.
Study Abroad course and administrative fees are as follows:
|Per semester Tuition Costs*||1,750,000 AMD|
|Administrative Fee**||530,000 AMD|
* The per semester tuition cost applies to students enrolled as full-time study abroad students for one semester. For study abroad students pursuing less than a full-time load, the tuition will be calculated on a per credit basis. Refer to policies.aua.am/policy/127 for more information.
** The administrative covers the cost of pick-up/drop off from the airport, Discover Armenia Educational Tours (optional), pre-departure orientations, student service fees, mandatory Armenia based health insurance, taxes, and more.
Yerevan offers an affordable lifestyle and infrastructure for university students. The average monthly living costs for foreign students in Yerevan are in the range of $600-$1,000 per month (in addition to tuition fees). You can choose to eat outside at any of the hundreds of cafes or restaurants in the city, order takeout through www.menu.am, or take advantage of the on campus Aries Lunch Hall or Green Bean Cafe.
AUA opened a small and quaint dormitory in summer 2016 located directly behind the University at Sose 36. The first floor of the dormitory houses male students while the second floor our female students. The dormitory offers newly renovated double rooms, as well as a shared kitchenette, bathrooms, and showers on each floor.
The University will offer a newly built student residence in Dzoragyugh, a short 20 minute walk from the University. The five story building will house up to 61 students in double and triple occupancy rooms, each furnished with beds, side tables, desks, wardrobes, and a bathroom. The first floor will house a hall for communal activities, a shared kitchen, and a study area. The Dzoragyugh residence will be fully accessible for disabled students and will open its doors in Spring 2020. Visit admissions.aua.am/housing or email us at [email protected] for more information.
We are not accepting applications for study abroad at this time. Please check back at the end of January 2020 for the launch of the Fall 2020 application. Do you prefer we contact you when the application goes live? Leave your contacts at admissions.aua.am/contact-us and we will email you as soon as we launch the application.
The information provided in these FAQs is general and may be subject to change. We strongly encourage you to read through the entire Study Abroad page in detail for more information on the program, how to apply, deadlines, and more. If your question is not answered in these FAQs, please email us at [email protected]