Experience Armenia on your educational journey.
Enjoy strong academics from a U.S. accredited university complemented with a life-changing experience.
Highlights of Study Abroad AUA include:
1. Possibility of easy course transfer thanks to AUA’s accreditation
2. Inspiring cultural excursions through the Discover Armenia Educational Tours
3. Living in one of the most ancient cities of the world often dubbed as an open air museum
4. Meeting students from all around the world and experiencing Armenia’s renowned hospitality
5. Taking advantage of Yerevan’s lively music and arts scene and the vibrant café culture and nightlife
6. State-of-the-art facilities and off-campus dormitories
With a little careful planning and close collaboration with the American University of Armenia and your home university, you may study abroad at AUA during the Fall and/or Spring semesters. A list of currently available courses can be found on our Academic Catalog. Not all courses listed are offered both semesters so be sure to stay in close contact with the American University of Armenia as well as your academic advisor to solidify your list of preferred (and alternate) courses.
Students may take courses offered both at the undergraduate and graduate levels as long as they meet all required prerequisites. If you are currently in your undergraduate studies and looking to take some graduate level courses, this is feasible as long as the professor of the graduate course confirms your registration. Please contact the Office of Admissions at StudyAbroad@aua.am with any questions you may have regarding this process.
Complement your academics with the “Discover Armenia” Educational Tour and fully immerse yourself into Armenia’s evolution from ancient times to the present. Join knowledgeable and entertaining tour guides on excursions both inside and outside of Yerevan. Visit churches, castles, fortresses, and more nestled in the mountains, valleys, and fields of this ancient land. Get to know the country. Take in the sights, sounds and flavors and feel at home in Armenia.
Study Abroad course and administrative fees are as follows:
|Per semester Tuition Costs*||1,750,000 AMD|
|Administrative Fee**||530,000 AMD|
* The per semester tuition cost applies to students enrolled as full-time study abroad students for one semester. For study abroad students pursuing less than a full-time load, the tuition will be calculated on a per credit basis. Refer to http://policies.aua.am/policy/127/ for more information.
** The administrative covers the cost of pick-up/drop off from the airport, Discover Armenia Educational Tours (optional), pre-departure orientations, student service fees, mandatory Armenia based health insurance, taxes, and more.
Yerevan offers an affordable lifestyle and infrastructure for university students. The average monthly living costs for foreign students in Yerevan are in the range of $600-$1,000 per month (in addition to tuition fees). You can choose to eat outside at any of the hundreds of cafes or restaurants in the city, order takeout through www.menu.am, or take advantage of the on campus Aries Lunch Hall or Green Bean Cafe.
AUA opened a small and quaint dormitory in summer 2016 located directly behind the University at Sose 36. The first floor of the dormitory houses male students while the second floor our female students. The dormitory offers newly renovated double rooms, as well as a shared kitchenette, bathrooms, and showers on each floor.
To apply, first create and confirm your profile at im.aua.am in order to start your Application for Admission to Study Abroad/Summer Program. The Application for Study Abroad for Spring 2018 is currently available. If you plan on applying for the Fall 2018 semester, please note that the application will launch on February 1, 2018. For questions regarding your application, contact the Office of Admissions at StudyAbroad@aua.am.