AUA offers four different scholarships for international students. If you are interested in applying for one, please note you must submit the required scholarship application form to the Office of Financial Aid. These scholarships are typically merit-based.
1. International Scholarship: Students who do not hold Armenian citizenship or the 10 year Armenian Special residency may receive a merit-based scholarship covering up to 50% of the total cost of the published international tuition rate. Read more
2. Scholae Mundi Armenia Scholarship: Are you a United World Colleges (UWC) graduate? Then learn more about “Scholae Mundi Armenia” Charity Foundation Scholarship here.
3. ChinaHay Scholarship: Citizens of the People’s Republic of China may apply for this scholarship which covers up to 50% the cost of international tuition as well as limited funds to cover airfare, healthcare, and basic living expenses. Read more
4. Aurora Gratitude Scholarship: Citizens of Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Russia, and Syria applying to certain undergraduate and graduate programs at AUA are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The Aurora scholarship provides partial and full tuition funding and is need- and merit-based. Certain students may also receive financial support for airfare and housing. Read more
The California Scholars Program for AUA Graduates
Are you a California resident and interested in becoming a lawyer, but worried about the high cost? AUA is proud to announce an amazing opportunity for AUA degree holders to obtain substantial financial assistance to attend the University of California Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco. If admitted, the financial assistance will fully cover the tuition plus provide $20,000 a year for living expenses. This program is an initiative introduced by Senator Anthony J. Portantino and is funded through the State of California.
- AUA degree holders who have attended at least four semesters at AUA.
- Resident of California and/or applicants who have attended at least three years at, and have graduated from, a high school in California.
- Cumulate GPA of 3.2 or higher at the time of application to Hastings College of the Law (as calculated by LSAC).
- LSAT score of 155 or higher.
- Apply to UC Hastings College of the Law to begin studies in Fall 2019 or Fall 2022.
The cost of studying at AUA is a fraction of the average cost of tuition and fees of public and private four year universities in the United States. International applicants are also eligible to apply for international scholarships. To date, we have provided 100% of admitted applicants with some form of scholarship. For a detailed list of tuition costs, please visit admissions.aua.am/tuition.